New Virginia Majority -
Regional Field Directors (Temporary Full-Time)
Locations: Northern Virginia, Central Virginia or Hampton Roads
New Virginia Majority (NVM) is Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization that mobilizes and organizes voters of color and residents across the state. Our year-round approach to organizing involves mass scale voter outreach, linked to ongoing community organizing campaigns, intensive leadership development and advocacy.
NVM is currently expanding its team for the 2017 election cycle. We are seeking conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to social change to lead our regional field programs as a part of our overall political program to build power for communities of color, working class people, young people, women, LGTBTQ and other underrepresented communities.
The Regional Field Directors work with NVM’s political team to implement direct voter contact programs that:
- Engage underrepresented communities, including communities of color.
- Expand the Virginia electorate to include more voices.
- Increase voter turnout among low propensity and sporadic voters.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with political staff to implement direct voter contact programs, primarily through door-to-door canvassing.
- Recruit, train, and supervise voter engagement organizers and canvassers.
- Maintain field canvass calendar, schedule and supervise shifts.
- Provide daily progress reports to political team.
- Ensure quality control and data integrity of the voter engagement program.
- Make sure all aspects of the field program are implemented timely and on track to meet goals and metrics.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Qualities:
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in political, organizing or campaign-related work.
- Knowledge of electoral campaign strategy and tactics.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on a variety of levels.
- Ability to hire, supervise, and develop staff at all levels.
- Ability to manage staff on various levels and problem-solve quickly.
- Strategic thinker and decision maker with a knack for planning, creating systems and driving results.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a temporary full-time position that ends on Nov 15, 2017. The position is eligible for NVM’s benefits package, including health care.
Job listing opens August 15, 2017 and is open until filled. Applicants will be contacted throughout the process with information regarding interviews and next steps.
Please send a cover, resume and three references to Tram Nguyen at [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority is an Equal Opportunity Employer which recruits, hires, trains and promotes without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability condition or marital status. NVM hires employees based upon qualifications, experience and training required for successful performance of the job as defined in the written job description.