ORGANIZERS - AAPI OUTREACH
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Organizers - N. Virginia
Seasonal, Full-time and Part Time
New Virginia Majority is looking for organizers for it’s voter registration and GOTV campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to work on a non-traditional data and research driven voter registration campaign that will transition to get-out-the-vote efforts in the fall. The priority will be to target neighborhoods densely populated by Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) voters. Positions are available primarily in N. Virginia. Ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented and self-starters.
- Assisting in door-to-door and other methods of registering voters
- Assisting Regional Field Director in meeting program goals
- Working with volunteers and fellow staff members to complete assigned tasks
- Ensuring accurate and complete data is submitted
- Organizers will manage and execute voter contact tactics such as phone banks, canvasses, voter registration drives, and visibility events.
- Field Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, and enthusiastic.
- Commitment to civic engagement and working with underrepresented Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet goals and strict deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Hourly pay at $15/hr and stipend for transportation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and contact information for three references to [email protected] with the position name and preferred location in the subject header.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organizes in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.