Data Entry Associate
New Virginia Majority
New Virginia Majority (NVM) is Virginia's leading civic engagement organization mobilizing and organizing thousands of voters and residents across the state. Our year-round approach to organizing involves mass scale voter outreach, linked to ongoing community organizing campaigns and intensive leadership development. NVM is currently expanding its team. We are seeking conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to social change.
We are currently seeking a Data Entry Associates in the Richmond, and Hampton Roads Area. The Data Entry Associates reports to the Field Office Manager and Administrative Director. S/he will be responsible for uploading and maintaining voter registration to our data base system. Data Entry Associates will work in NVM's Voter Registration Offices. A significant focus of this work will be on Voter Registration Quality Control and entering voter records and delivering forms but will also include some work on quality control for data entry. The Data Entry Associates will also assist the Regional Field Director in developing and executing a secure system for voter registration application and make recommendation for voter registration data entry procedures.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform manual filing and scanning of voter applications and forms.
Employee may be assigned other duties in addition to those listed; duties may change
Required Experience and Skills:
• Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
• Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
• Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstration of strong personal commitment to NVM's mission and values.
Preferred Additional Experience:
• Familiarity with 501c3 and 501c4 non-profit management
• Prior knowledge and experience working in Virginia
• Fluency or proficiency in other languages (Spanish a plus)
Salary and Benefits:
These short-term positions - through November 2017 -- are part-time with a possibility of becoming full-time. Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. New Virginia Majority provides excellent benefits, including health, vision, and dental and monthly phone and transportation allowances. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
New Virginia Majority is an equal opportunity employer. NVM recruits, hires, trains and promotes without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability condition or marital status. NVM hires employees based upon qualifications, experience and training required for successful performance of the job as defined in the written job description.