The Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement (ACE) Collaborative engages with Asian and Asian American working-class communities in Virginia. Our members come from many countries, including, but not only, people with roots in Bangladesh, China, India, Mongolia, Nepal, Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, and Vietnam, as well as multiple religious backgrounds including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, and more. Our community members live and work in Virginia, raising children and taking care of loved ones, and we fight to make sure that our communities can thrive in a Virginia that represents them.
- Affordable Housing in Arlington County
- With the rapid development of Arlington, rents are increasing and many communities of color, who have been here for years, are now leaving Arlington. We are working with our members to figure out a solution to this issue that best addresses the needs of working class members of the community.
- 2019 Asian American Community Survey on Housing and Income
- Currently, we are gathering information on cost of housing and income levels in Arlington. The goal of the survey is to get more information as well as ensure that the further development meets the needs of this diverse community.
- COVID-19 Cancel Rent and Stop Eviction Campaign in Arlington
- We have been working together with Asian and Asian American community members in Arlington to ensure that undocumented, low-income, working class community members are protected from eviction, and have access to the rent resources they need.
- Michelle (Mitch) Chan, community organizer, email@example.com
- Maryam Mustafa, community organizer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shaheera Sayed, community organizer, email@example.com
- 3801 Mt Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA 22305, 2nd Floor
May 2020 Cancel Rent Car Rally Action
February 2020 International Mother Language Day: A Celebration of our Homes Event